Saturday, September 13, 2008

how I got here

Since I have made a step into this Blogging world, perhaps I should share a little of what brought me here - just in case someone is interested in knowing.

I enjoy crafting, sewing, learning some quilting -- not that there is any one thing I feel particularly accomplished in, but I like to try my hand at making nice things. A friend I met online built a very pretty and well constructed site for me a few years ago so that I could sell the ring bearer pillows my daughter made. I was very pleased with it, but although I had some visitors, sadly I got no business that way. Several months ago I did some research and found a few things I could do differently, so then I hired a local little business to build me a more involved web site. I needed to branch out.

Have you ever built a website or had someone do it for you? If it has gone smoothly I would like to know how that happened! :) It has been five months since signing up with them and there have been a few snags that have had to be ironed out (not unusual); one is still an issue which my web site designer tells me they do not deal with ... but I am hoping and praying that the problem will be resolved soon.

Even though I have not had any sales as yet, I do have another nice web site! :) I have much more to load on there but stopped in frustration until an important feature was worked out, so now I will start adding to it again. If you want to take a peek: http://www.novascotiaflavour.com

The fun thing is that my web site is not just for me. Although the plan is to sell my own items - and there is quite a variety - I also have clients here in Nova Scotia for whom I hope to sell their art and crafts. It is a great way to introduce their 'work' to the world. I will be excited when sales start happening!

Because I am getting into online business, someone said that I should also become known on Facebook. That does not really interest me at this point, but then a friend suggested 'blogging.' I decided to look into that and after viewing a few choices I selected Blogger.com. Maybe it will add a new good dimension to my life. :)

Thanks for reading .. and Blessings on your day!

3 comments:

lizzysbiz-LD said...

Best wishes on your blog & your biz! :)

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Thank you, LD! I am happy to be here and also hopeful that the 'biz' turns into something wonderful. :)