Sunday, October 5, 2008

relationships, changes & chat

Here it is the first weekend of October already, and a beautiful one! Tomorrow it will be the 25th birthday of one of our daughters - (Happy Birthday, my darling!) - and I won't get to hug her because she is living and working in AB. That is the way of things here in the Maritimes now, but I do not discourage anyone to go, temporarily, where the work and money are. When they get established and debt free, they can move back home. Maybe by that time things will have improved here. One can hope and pray so, anyway. The main thing is that if they leave family here at home (spouse, children), they keep the lines of communication open so that nothing breaks up that family unit because of economic choices having to be made. Our married daughter and her husband are doing that and it is not an easy thing, but they are making their way through the plan they have in mind.

We now have a solar panel on our house. My husband and his dad installed it yesterday. The goal is to have it as an assist to heating our home, and especially the downstairs (basement) where we have finished rooms and my business is set up. It gets chilly down here, so I am looking forward to seeing what difference is made. Are you doing anything to cut down on fuel consumption or to use clean fuel? Solar power is so underused.

Have you had a chance to check out my website yet? I am still hoping for things to soon get settled out regarding it, and when that happens there will be lots of work for me to do on the site. I have some of the turkey feathers listed, and eventually I will be thinning out my fabric stash and listing lots more fabric on the website (while biting my lip!) That is not as simple as it sounds because ..'Hello, my name is "sew amusing" and I am a fabriholic!' :)

I learned several days ago during an appointment with my naturopathic doctor, that I have bronchitis. It was good to know the reason why I could not get rid of the tiring deep cough I had for about three weeks. I am taking some capsules she suggested and the gradual healing is happening with less coughing and it no longer burns when I do cough.

Been wondering a lot lately about where I am in my relationship with God. There is so much to learn, so much He has planned for the ones who love Him, and I wonder if I am way off track in my walk with Him - if I have moved too far one way or the other. I miss the fellowship I had with others and the Bible studies I held here at my house. But ... I will see what comes ... and trust Him for direction.

Do you have any thoughts on any of what I shared here today?
** I just added Google Talk chatback to my page so that if you really want to, you can talk to me online if I am available. Just click on there and maybe we can chat for a few minutes. :) **

Thanks for reading, and Blessings on your day! :)

No comments: