Wednesday, December 16, 2009

live, laugh, love

Whoever came up with that motto was right on.
Live, laugh, love.
I am finding that the three must go together or something is greatly lacking for me.

For me to really live and enjoy living I have to find humour in situations, at least find the bright side, the spark, the little gem of goodness and hope that may be hidden there.  I have suffered from depression too much of my life and I am determined to not let it get me down anymore.  Life can get far too serious sometimes and if the song is missing, if the laughter fades away, it is time to do something about it.

Earlier tonight (Tuesday, December 15) my husband and I did something different, something we have never done before.  The co-op store where we are members (and he is on the board) had a Moonlight Madness for about five hours. We arrived just after the busiest time, but for two hours he and I were there in costume.  My husband was dressed as a Christmas tree and I was dressed as an elf. :) Quite impressive, I guess.  It was fun for us.  Three times (four for him) we stood outside on the sidewalk in the cold and waved at the people driving by.  (A few cars pulled in.)  It was delightful when some folk waved back at us, and several honked their horns.  I loved it! :)

Of course, our daughters think we are crazy to do such things but .. why not?  My take on it is this: Life is too short!  And it is passing far too quickly!!  I am tired of too often being a spectator.  Life is not intended to be a spectator sport - for those who just watch everything happen in other people's lives.  Of course, one has to be selective and make wise decisions on just how to use their time and talents, but the point is ... DO SOMETHING LIVE your life!  Enjoy it and LOVE yourself and the ones in your life.  And be sure to find the LAUGHTER.  Make someone laugh and learn to laugh at yourself.  It will chase away the blues, help you handle stress better thereby improving your health, and change your grey skies to blue.  Yahoooey!  Sounds good to me!

Several years ago I signed my husband and myself up for tidal bore rafting one summer weekend, and that was an exhilarating experience!  Frightening, exciting, thrilling, and I loved it!  Now I can say "I did it!"  I have yet to skydive (tandem skydive, that is) but I plan to - although my husband refuses to go with me. 

Aside from my wonderful role of wife-mother-grandmother, I also want to write for children, run a good business, bless people however the Lord leads me, and mostly be all God wants me to be.

How about you?  What have you determined to do with your time in this life?


Thanks for reading, and ... Blessings on your day!  :)


2 comments:

lizzysbiz-LD said...

Very well stated. We all need laughter - good medicine.
And there's an old cliche that still has a ring of truth to it: "Take time to stop and smell the roses." :)

Anonymous said...

Laughter always has been always will be an important part of my life. People who know me realize how silly I can be but at the same time I have this very serious side.

I've been determined for many years that I would be published and I've done that but what I've found now that my book is out that it's not the fact that I've written a book at all it has been the way that book, my words, have affected other people and about meeting others, such as yourself.

I don't think life is ever just about one thing because everything we do causes a ripple that is far reaching into areas we may never realize and I think that is the exciting part.

So, what am I determined to do with my time? Be the best person I know how to be, treat others with respect and interest and anything else that might come my way.