Wednesday, October 21, 2009

programs, patience & progress

Wow!  Has it only been four days since I last posted?  It really seems longer than that.  It could be due to the fact that I have been hours and hours working on trying to improve my website pages.

I am making progress.  I am learning to work with the programs.  AND I am finding it to be a test of my patience. But, did I say .. I AM making progress!  PTL! (Praise the Lord!)

My website designer, Ray, is such a patient man. He explains things to me and understands that I just don't get it the first time, or maybe even the second time, but I keep at it until it makes sense to me .. or just happens to suddenly fall together and work.  LOL!  He is deserving of lots of credit as he is trying to help me so that I can do this work myself.

I am enjoying this process, though. My frustration level goes up and down, along with my stress level, but perseverance pays off.  Last night is a case in point.  Earlier in the day I asked Ray many questions, he gave me appropriate answers and instructions, and I set off last night to make it work. Well! At 2 AM I gave up, wrote him an email saying please help me fix this mess I have made! But I didn't send it.  I decided .. this is not going to beat me! Instead I kept trying (and praying to understand) and at just before 3 AM .. click!  There it was. The way I wanted it. And the email got deleted, I got a few hours sleep, and here I am again.  :)  There is so much to do.  I tend to be a perfectionist and I want this website to be a nice place for people to spend some time.

This morning I enjoyed being outside for a little while on this lovely Fall day.  Between working on my website and probably catching a nap this afternoon, (up till after 3 AM does not work for me very well!), I knew that I would need to get out and appreciate a little of God's world.  It inspires and refreshes me .. and we all can use more of that gentle calm in our lives, can't we? 

Now, back to business.  As for you ... what are you working on that is taking so much of your attention and time?

Thanks for reading, and ... Blessings on your day.  :)

No comments: