Sunday, November 15, 2009

rainbow promise

This morning I saw a rainbow.  It was a misty morning, and on the way to church I looked toward the gray backdrop of clouded sky and there it was.  Just one pale section of it, but a rainbow nonetheless.  As we drove along I kept checking, and as we got closer to it the  rainbow became more visible as the clouds in the distance got very dark with rain ... and then suddenly, there it was! The whole thing set against the clouds.  A beautiful rainbow.  A perfect arch.  God's promise.

'Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying, ... "As for Me, behold, I establish My covenant with you and with your descendants after you, ...  Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth. ... I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth."'  - excerpts from Genesis 9:8-13 in the Bible

Thank You, God, for Your promises.

No comments: